Baptisms, Weddings & Funerals

Bookmark and Share

The basic building block of the Church of England is the parish. If you live in the parish then you have a right to have your child baptised or to have a member of the clergy from the parish take your funeral. This is true of weddings too, although there are certain legalities which must first be met before you can be married.

The parish of St Mary’s is basically Newton and Flowery Field from the River Tame to the Rising Moon pub, and from Johnson Brook to Matley Brook. It includes all of the roads off Talbot Road, Victoria Street, Lodge Ln and Bennet St. If you live in this area then St Mary’s is your parish church.

If you would like to arrange a baptism, wedding, the blessing of a marriage, renewal of wedding vows, or a funeral, then you should contact The Revd. Sheila O'Flaherty: